Thursday, August 9, 2007

Nola


I'm in New Orleans for a conference this week and just came back from a tour of the effects of Katrina on the city. And I want to just say that we all need to stop and appreciate just how lucky we are to be safe and alive with all of our families and neighbors and homes still intact. I was absolutely heartbroken by the extent of devastation here, and the slow, hard, emotional journey to recovery.

I would really like to plan volunteer trip to come help out.
Our government support here is an embarrassment.
I'm thinking maybe New Years in NOLA?



I miss everyone right now.
So sad.

2 comments:

Chad Schone said...

Oh, Liv... New Years in Nola sounds good. Count me in. On NPR they did a piece about folks living in FEMA trailer parks that was devastating. It's so sad that our government can spend millions of dollars on killing, but is so limited in helping out, improving the lives of our people.

G said...

Count me in too! It's so annoying to hear Bush's comments regarding the bridge in Minn. It's not that he isn't saying the good things; he is just saying them for the wrong reasons - to dig himself out of the F-up he made with Katrina.