Monday, March 10, 2008

Imaginary baseball


So, yesterday, on a beautiful sunny day, G and I took our fantastic friend Jenn to Lil' 5 Points for a bit of shopping and fun. While waiting for the Marta to take us eastbound, across the tracks was a little boy about 3 years old. As I watched him, he started winding up an invisible pitch and threw the "ball" to the other side. Now, me being me, and thinking no one was watching, I pretended to catch the ball and throw it back to him. His little smile lit up and he pretended to catch it and throw it back to me. CUTE! So we began to toss the ball, back and forth, while waiting. I was pretty tickled and then I looked around and saw all the people around us (it was pretty busy for a Sunday afternoon, blame it on the warm day) and was even more tickled to see that they were watching us toss an imaginary ball back and forth. They WATCHED the imaginary ball, their heads following it across the tracks, waiting for one of us to catch it, and then watched it go back to the other side. I wish kidnapping wasn't illegal.

4 comments:

dirty di said...

this warms my day. love every ounce of it!

hairplane said...

I second that... It's beautiful. Tears bitches!

jackjack said...

When we're on the COTA bus, Aaron and I play imaginary smear the queer. It's somehow doesn't come off as sweet. We'll keep trying.

Chad Schone said...

But which one of you plays the queer?