Saturday, May 17, 2008

If you are a fan of LOST....

Hi friends (note that you can skip this entry if you aren't a fan of the tv show LOST). I have been visiting my folks in Hawaii the past two weeks. They are cute. They've been super supportive and wonderful while I've been here. I'm getting antsy and need to get back to my own life...but it has been good to be here.
I decided to go on a self-guided tour of some LOST filming sites. Here is what I was able to find:


1. The set with the camp the survivors built on the beach. The camp is set up on a beach on the north shore of the island that is difficult to get to if you aren't a local. A lot of the set was wrapped in plastic, but very recognizable from the show. I walked around a bit before a security guard found me and kicked me out.








2. This is Dillingham airfiled, where they filmed the scene with Ecko and his brother and the plane with the drugs taking off (where they shot his brother).








3. The church that Ecko and Charlie were building before Ecko died. This is also where they built the graves for Boone and Shannon and Ana Lucia.
4. This is the beach where the survivors spend a lot of their time in season 2-4 (the camp with thier tents is adjacent to this beach). It is called "police beach" in real life.
5. This is the beach from Season 1 where the crash occurred (where all the debris from the oceanic flight was strewn). The beach is located on a really secluded part of the island. You won't find any tourists here. It is known here as mokuleia beach.











6. The camp of the "others" where Ben, Juliette, live (also where they filmed a few scenes in season 4 where the military guys blew up the house, etc.). I went to summer camp here in elementary school. Fond memories of being nicknamaed "chubbles" here by my classmates.

3 comments:

G said...

Fun. It's interesting that all the set stuff is just sitting out on the beach like that. It must be somewhat isolated. Don't get lost. Miss you. See you in a couple of weeks.

pixelville said...

Wow! I had no idea you grew up in Hawaii. I have only been once, but absolutely loved it.

Wish I had access to deserted, locals only beaches. You are lucky. Glad you are having a good visit.

I found it a little sad you didn't shrinkwrap yourself before you too the pictures though. Would have been a nice touch.

dirty di said...

Sorry pixelville. I only like to shrinkwrap myself nude, and I didn't think that would be appropriate for the blog.