Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Yes we can.




I am still puzzling through my responses to the democratic candidates -- and which of them is most likely to bring us back to a country that I can feel proud to live in. Clinton has more experience; in the debates she has been smart, strong, directed and compassionate. She speaks clearly and well about health care, an issue that is extremely important to me and, I would argue, this country. But then I listen to Obama, and again and again, I am touched by his honesty and his commitment to meaningful change in this country and its politics. I am drawn to his belief in an America that can lead through responsibility, diplomacy and vision. Am I being suckered into a very well delivered media message? I don't know. I have to say, I watch a video like this and I believe it. Click here to watch.




4 comments:

SLD said...

Wow . . that piece is really cool. It's such a beautiful layering of a great speech, some awesome re-spoken word, and a really sweet melody. It's also brave, which I've come to think all early endorsement is--who knows when things are going to go wrong. But there is something so much more committal about an endorsement that's done through art than simply stating it.

Scootking said...

I have to say, I was kind of hoping that Super Tuesday would end up with a clear favorite so that I wouldn't have to choose between Barack and Hillary. I am torn...like Pixelville, I am way inpsired by this video and Obama in general, but am also in shock that I am seeing a viable female candidate in my lifetime.
At least we have two amazing choices.

pixelville said...

I think we should have a voter caucus at our house sometime this month -- before we vote in primaries. It'd be cool if we all did our research and then got together to talk some of it out.

SLD said...

You know what I hate about this election?

I gave up thinking of voting as a purely romantic activity long ago, but even in a rough situation, I still felt amazing about the opportunity to vote. But these last eight years have been so devastating that all I can think about is, "Anything is takes." I keep searching for the passion and the spirit and, yes, the romance of voting for someone I truly believe in, and all I can think of is, "We have to win, we have to turn things around, and we have to do anything it takes." Arrrrgghhh . . . I want that man out of office!