Monday, June 23, 2008

Day 2: The Crew Has Landed

(Note: The campground wireless wasn't stable enough for me to continue posting on site. I saved my posts and will roll them out over the next few days.)

I love a lot of things about Campit. The geography of western Michigan is in my blood. I can pitch a tent in the woods (dirty) and take a dip in the pool. There's always some crazy walking around here to keep me entertained.

Even with the crazy, mostly, I love that Campit restores my faith that it doesn't have to be a lot of work to meet good people. You remember how when you were kid, and you could walk up to another kid and say, "Hi, my name is Scott. I like trucks. Do you like trucks? Let's be friends." Well, that's Campit.

On Day 2, I met a really great group of guys from Chicago. They were all flight attendants (and a couple guests) who managed to schedule a few days off together so they could make their first trip to Saugatuck. (I love first timers.) You would never know this was their first camping trip together, however. This was a concerted effort that included multiple camp stoves, huge meals, a blender, torches, tents, chairs. They were incredibly generous and invited me to hang out with them throughout their stay. (And a super sweet, super cute man named Juan made me breakfast two mornings in a row.)

I didn't take any pics until they were packing up, so I regret that I didn't catch everyone. They all returned to Chicago on Wednesday. I was sad to see them go.

2 comments:

Chad Schone said...

Did you say "Juan you gonna cook me breakfast?"

pixelville said...

this is a lovely post. made me feel like i was campin it with you!