Monday, December 17, 2007

Things to catch you up on.....








I feel like a lot has been going on lately. I've been a little busy but enjoying life.....
For thanksgiving we rented a cute little cabin in Vermont. It was warm and cuddly and had a wood stove. I loved the challenge of keeping the fire going, hearing the wood crackle, and watching the sparks fly when I poked the fire with my stick.
Inspired by the fine southern cuisine I experienced while in Atlanta, I made a southern breakfast of creamy grits, scrambled eggs, and soysage. Delicious.
The kitties loved the cabin and spent most of their time on the beams up high. They would look down at us as we read books, watched episodes of Weeds Season 1, or kissed in front of the fire. Super cute.
On Saturday after Thanksgiving we went to try to ski. It was my fifth time maybe, and Scotty's first time. He was courageous and went flying down the mountain within an hour. My favorite memory was riding the ski lift together and looking down on the beautiful mountain.
Before Vermont I ran the marathon in November and had a blast. NYC is incredible on marathon sunday. Over two million people lined up for 26 miles and it feels like you are a super star and they are all cheering for you. It is one of the best feelings in the world. I love running through all the different neighborhoods and experiencing all the different "new yorks" that make this city so unique.









Other than that, Scotty's been super cute and is doing lots of baking now that school is out for just a little bit. He made organic hazelnut crusted truffles for my holiday party at work and they were amazing. He heads to India in 2 weeks and will have lots of adventures to share when he gets back. He will be extracting lots of teeth and working with kids that haven't been to the dentist before. I am proud of him and excited that he gets to spread some of his warmth and cheer.

Miss all of you! Truly.

2 comments:

G said...

Cute. I love the little cabin, and the kitties on the beam are adorable. Was it far up? They probably thought they were at a super-size cat play stand (you know, the ones with the blue sag carpet and ramps and nooks). I'm so impressed, for real, that you ran 26 miles, again. My feet hurt thinking about it.

hairplane said...

OMG I love it... We should totally do a cabin trip all together. It really is so relaxing.

Diana I am so excited an proud of you for running the marathon. What a great thing!